You don't actually need to attend an event to do Node Todo. Just follow the steps in our Getting Started Guide!
What is Node Todo?
Show up with your laptop and be ready to improve Node.js core.
As long as you've worked a little bit with Node.js, you can do this.
If you've never worked on Node.js core before…
…that's no problem! Someone will help you get set up and provide you with an easy improvement to make to get started.
Want to get a head start?
The first few things you'll need to do can be easy but time-consuming so it's a good idea.
Send questions about Node Todo or just getting involved in Node.js core!
We are happy to help you get started contributing to Node.js core if you are located far away from any upcoming events and cannot attend.
Node Todo is a fully volunteer effort independent of the Node.js project or the Node.js Foundation.
If you are interested in replicating this sort of event, go for it. No need to ask for permission. Just do it. Feel free to notify us of your upcoming events so we can list them here.
Commits From NodeTodo Activities
- test: remove uses of common.PORT in test-tls-client tests
- test: change == to === in crypto test
- test: add a second argument to assert.throws()
- test: improve test-vm-cached-data.js
- test: add regex to assert.throws
- test: add regex in test_cyclic_link_protection
- tools: add links to the stability index reference
- test: changed test1 of test-vm-timeout.js
- test: throw check in test-zlib-write-after-close
- test: add regex check to test-module-loading
- test: improve coverage in test-crypto.dh
- child_process: refactor internal/child_process.js
- test: add msg validation to test-buffer-compare
- test: remove unused args and comparison fix
- test: improve test-buffer-includes.js
- test: improve test-http-agent-destroyed-socket.js
- test: improve test-assert.js
- test: validate error message from buffer.equals
- test: improve crypto.setEngine coverage to check for errors
- readline: update 6 comparions to strict
- test: improve error messages in test-npm-install
- test: add 2nd argument to throws in test-assert
- test-console: streamline arrow fn and refine regex
- test: check error message in test-http-outgoing-proto
- src: fix the misalinged text on "node --help"
- test: check error message in test-fs-make-callback
- test: improve test-assert
- test: improve test-fs-open-flags
- test: add message verification on assert.throws
- test: improve test-stream2-large-read-stall
- test: refactor test-cli-eval.js
- test: check error msg test-writeint.js
- test: no unused args test-fs-watch-file.js
- test: improve tests in pummel/test-exec
- test: improve zlib-from-gzip-with-trailing-garbage
- test: refactor test-stream2-readable-wrap.js
- url: do not truncate long hostnames
- test: refactor test-domain.js
- test: increase coverage for lib/events.js
- lib: use === in _http_server and _tls_wrap
- test: use strictEqual in test-debugger-client.js
- test: replace assert.equal with assert.strictEqual
- lib: change == to === in linkedlist
- test: clean up dgram-broadcast-multi-process test
- test: refactor test-async-wrap-check-providers
- lib: minor improvements to bootstrap_node.js
- test: cleanup/update test-dgram-empty-packet.js
- doc: add documentation for test common module
- test: expand test coverage for url.js
- test:replace indexOf, assert.equal, add mustCall()
- doc: remove failing workaround in BUILDING.md
- test: cleanup parallel/test-fs-readfile-unlink.js
- test: cleanup parallel/test-file-write-stream2.js
- test: cleanup parallel/test-fs-realpath.js
- test: changed var to const, added strict equal checks
- test: cleanup vars to const and '==' to '==='
- test: refactor parallel/test-tcp-wrap-listen
- test: cleanup test-intl.js
- test: improve test-https-agent.js
- test: refector parallel/test-http.js
- test: modernize JS and tighten equality checking
- test: swapped == and equal to === and strictEqual
- test: clean up net server try ports test
- test: cleanup test require symlink
- test: comparison operator now more strict
- test: favor `===` over `==` in vm test
- doc: ensure consistent grammar in node.1 file