You've already opened your first pull request with Node.js. What next? Here are some suggestions for finding other things in Node.js core to work on!
- Go to Node.js Nightly Code Coverage. Find a piece of code that is not covered by tests. After reading the guide to writing tests in the Node.js project, add a new test file or update an existing test file to cover that piece of code.
- Search for open issues labeled "help wanted" in the issue tracker.
- Search for open issues labeled "mentor-available" in the issue tracker.
- Search for open issues that are more than a week old and labeled "good first contribution" in the issue tracker.
- A lot of our tooling is in Python. If you know Python, there are almost always a few stalled issues or pull requests with the "python" label that you might be able to help with!
- Another option is to fire up your IRC client and join #node-dev on freenode IRC. Some experienced Node.js core developers hang out there and you can ask for guidance.